The W. C. Goerss Dairy is started in Martinsville (1270 Pierce) in 1925 by Wilmer C. Goerss. By 1937 they are selling milk, cream, and something called "Dari-O Orange drink," and are named the "G. V. Goerss Dairy." Elmer passes in 1951. By 1952 the dairy occupies its familiar location at 370 Oliver Street. Gerhard V. Goerss dies in 1971, and is wife Leona in 1981. Their sons, James and Donald, carry on the business into at least the 1980s.